Winter Soccer Academy
Total Soccer Player Approach
I have visited many of the top Academies and Centers of Excellence around the world and spent time with some of the top clubs including Barcelona, Arsenal, West Ham, Ajax, Manchester United, Fulham, Aston Villa, Feyenoord and Red Star. Through my discussions with top academy directors and coaches I have developed a curriculum and teaching technique to improve every player who comes through the program. I have put together a staff of top level collegiate player's and will be utilizing members of my University of Wisconsin staff. They will demonstrate and relate their passion for the game . We welcome the opportunity to improve your son or daughter’s ability as a “Total Soccer Player.”
University of Wisconsin Men's Soccer
What is a Soccer Academy?
The idea of a Soccer Academy is to provide players a training environment where they can realize their goals of improving as a “Total Soccer Player.” Top level training along with advanced methods, allows a youth player potential growth in areas that normal team training does not allow. This concept is about the player’s development in all facets of the game. Players will be grouped by ability as well as age to provide the best learning environment for each player. Technical demands put onto players will bring about a better technical and tactical awareness of all participants.
Why be involved with a Soccer Academy?
Soccer Academys are a brand of training developed in Europe and utilized all over the world. Players meet with top level coaches who provide the extra information and training for players who are striving to be the best. To advance as a player, two team training sessions per week does not allow for enough touches of the soccer ball to become a better player. Our training sessions provide that extra opportunity athletes need to stay on top of their game. University of Wisconsin’s Soccer Academy also provides youth players the opportunity to develop relationships with Division I college soccer players as well as Coach Trask and his first rate staff.
Dates - Winter 2016-17
November: 15, 22, 29 February: 7, 14, 21, 28
December: 6, 13, 20 March: 7, 14, 21, 28
January: 3, 10, 17, 24 April: 4, 11
How to Enroll
Online Registration click here! Enroll early as the sessions may reach capacity and registration closes 24 hours prior to each respective session.
University of Wisconsin’s athletic facilities provide the perfect training environment for the development of a “Total Soccer Player.” The McClain Center features an artificial field turf that measures 100 yards in length by 65 yards in width. This facility is one of the best indoor training facilities across the country. This training option allows the staff to create unique, challenging and fun training activities for each player.
- Special Emphasis on Higher Level Skill Training
- Soccer Tennis and other training activities geared toward developing good skill rather than just good technique
- Individual and Small Group Tactics
- Transition Training for Speed of Thought and Speed of Play
- Speed, Agility and Coordination Training
Interesting Facts about Coach Trask and UW Soccer
- Has coached at all levels of soccer in the United States—youth, high school, college and professional
- Current Assistant Coach of the United States U-23 Olympic Team
- Has worked with the U-17, U-18 and U-21 US National Teams and scouted for the Men’s National Team
- Has worked with 7 Big Ten Players of the Year, 16 College All-Americans and 3 Collegiate Players of the Year
- Has coached 4 Honda MVP’s and 2 Budweiser Scoring Champions in Major League Soccer (MLS)
Contact Soccer Office for more information and accurate pricing! 608-265-2971